We have to decide where we will put the water heater, they originally had it in the garage but we will probably move it to the basement to save space in the garage, b/c we only have a standard 2 car.
There are a few places we are specifying outlet placement:
- Kitchen- We will be doing back splash and cabinet lighting, I'm debating on having the outlets directly under the cabinets laying long wise so you don't see outlets, just a back splash. We also need 1 or 2 outlets in the cabinets for future lighting.
- An outlet for my tanning bed in the basement and for a deep freezer. These will be going in the 'mechanical space' b/c there are no windows in this area.
- Extra lights/outlets in the basement, I want to have lighting down there for projects. I do a lot of furniture redo's.
- Media Room/Bonus Room-We will be putting a projector in there eventually so we need something in the middle of the ceiling for power source and possibly conduit for a HDMI cable. Not sure the best way to do this; I need to do some research this weekend.
- Verify outlet placement will be flush with the trim in the dining room; we are having tall wainscoting and I don't want ugly outlets placed in the middle of the boards!
- Outlets in the laundry room (surprisingly they don't add ANY!, I need a set for my iron, duh!)
- Outlets in the pantry for charging vac's/ect.
- Outlet in closets? Still debating this...a lot of people have been adding these I just don't know if we will need it.
- Outlet next to front door for Christmas decorations!
- Outlet placement on fireplace for decorations
- Exterior outlet placement, I have no idea on this one but I know we will want to know where they are being put
- Extra outlet in garage? Again, I don't know that this is necessary because we have the basement.
Anything else I should keep in mind during this meeting?