So we are close to 60 days out...and when I talked to the loan rep a few weeks ago she told me we could lock in our rate and be set. I knew it sounded to good to be true :( I just talked to my assigned person at the bank and she said that we have to factor in the time frame from C/O to appraisal to closing date, which could be another 2 week. Bummed!
The appraiser will go out in a few weeks and get the majority of his appraisal done and then when the C/O is issued he'll go back out and confirm the specs are correct. This is what the first lady failed to tell me. We had terrible luck with our appraisal back in June/July, it took them almost a MONTH to get the report. If that happens again we would lose our rate lock and be subject to current rates.
So now we have to wait until we give ourselves a generous cushion of time in case we get delayed or in case the appraiser takes their sweet time :(
In the meantime, they are going to do the approval and wait on us to decide if we want to risk locking the rate in. I am so terrified of rates jumping again, I really thought this would be the one thing that went right through this whole process, but nope!
On another note,
We are going to install our Roxul tonight. Hubby went and put it in the basement last night and said the front doors and most of the windows were in...and I think he said some interior doors were in as well. I'll take some pictures tonight. wish us luck!