Friday, November 8, 2013

I will never build another house again.

This process is so draining. I hate to have these posts about negative things but SERIOUSLY this is what is happening.

Got an email this morning that someone forgot to charge us for the hardwood in the foyer. So we owe $950.00.

Um. no.

We are in month 4 of this build and they are 'just now' catching they didn't add this? Even though it's on the forms of choices. And even though we chose their MODEL home with hardwood in the foyer, and even though I have emails stating what we wanted. I just don't get it.

Anyways; I pulled up and printed the blueprint and added all the sq. footage and guess what? We are being charged 100 sq. feet more in 2 other rooms, guess how much the foyer totals? yep...100 sq. ft.

The problem? They don't break every section up in the quote for hardwoods...so in the living room which is around 360 sq. ft.. They charged 450 sq. feet because they are most likely included the hallway to the bathroom and the area in front of the stairs etc.. The kitchen is 135 sq. feet and they charged us 150 sq. ft.; they don't install hardwoods under the cabinets so they need to remove that sq. footage from the quote too, which means we should have only been charged around 90 sq. ft.

I am so upset right now, I have emailed over every last one of my measurements to show that either we are being overcharged and they need to re-measure or they did include the foyer from the beginning and its just not separated out.

We have decided that if they are going to fight with us on this, we will request for them to lay vinyl in the entire downstairs and credit us back the ridiculous amount of money we have already paid for upgrading to wood floors. And in the future we will install wood.

This has been a roller coaster ride from day 1 and it's been terrible. Yes TERRIBLE. I want my new house but not this bad and I wouldn't put myself through this again. I have felt more nervous and upset through this whole process than I have felt happy and excited. That just doesn't sound right to me. This is supposed to be an exciting process but good grief between ridiculous delays and no communication it is not fun. The moment I find out good news it's followed by craptastic news.

Thanks if you made it this far, sorry for ranting. But I need to have this written down so I remember all this crap in the future.

Oh and yes, I added a countdown calendar because we are supposed to be in by Christmas again...but who knows if that will happen?

5 comments:

  1. they are probably adding in for considering waste, and cuts they have to make. But still. I would definitely fight to not be charged. It's too late in the game for them to be acting like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this too, but the dining room and family room are spot on , exact measurements so they must not be adding a percentage over for waste. I am defensive in nature in general but to throw this at me makes me crazy detailed, lol!

      Delete
  2. Oh and yes, it is really crazy during...girl I don't think you were following me through our craziness. but once we closed it all faded away! Just hang in there. It's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I am so sorry things are going more smoothly!!!! Hopefully it does not get to that point that you guys nix the hardwood. I know its difficult but it will all be worth it!!!! Just hang in there a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The process can be very stressful, but it is worth it. This will be behind you before you know it and you will be enjoying our new home and making new memories in it. :-)

    ReplyDelete