Monday, December 2, 2013

Timeline Update

I've said it before on this blog, probably several times. Our builder is very unorganized. As of last Monday November 25th, we were "on track" to be in before Christmas. We have been saying we needed to be in before Christmas since we started this build. I honestly didn't care if before Christmas meant Christmas Eve!

This morning I get an email that it's unrealistic for us to be in before Christmas. Their contractors are 'just busy'.

Are they unaware that they are in the construction business, and they that they rely on contractors? And that contractors need to be scheduled to work ahead of time? They just don't have a timeline/schedule/list etc! It's so ridiculous that this is happening. So who knows what's going on now and what we are at.

My husband called a few minutes after we got the email and of course NO answer. He left a voicemail. We want a timeline, a schedule, SOMETHING to go off of here. We've been floating for these past 5 months not knowing what's going to next. I really don't think the builder knows. They seriously suck .

Am I over exaggerating to want to know what stage we are in and what's going on? I feel like I am sometimes but then I think, hey I'm paying for this house and I deserve to know. I feel like we are past the point of 'trusting' the builder to get it done...and I feel like we are being taken advantage of.

5 comments:

  1. I would drive over to where she is. Face to face! lol and I don't think you are at all out of line to want to know where you are in the process. They should happily let you know. You are paying for the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is amazing, I dont know that I have commented on your site before but today added you to my blog list. I usually am looking at Ryan Homes and the detail in your home far surpasses most Ryan's I see, so it's awesome to watch your home progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so nice of you to say. I love following all the Ryan homes blogs, but they have made me jealous because Ryan homes is SO organized and their builds happen so seamlessly (for the most part). My build has been so stressful because my builder is not nearly as organized or efficient!

      Delete
  3. It's absolutely reasonable (and your right as a customer) to know the stage and a time line. We were given a time line at our pre construction meeting on 17th June for 30th of Sep and they completed on 25th. The house that's opposite of our's started it's foundation on the day we moved in (7 Oct) and now it's almost done and just pouring the side walks is what's left. So I think they should be able to finish it if they want to. I will stay on top of them until it's done.

    Your house is beautiful and it's coming up beautifully. I think it takes more time because it's custom. We did some 'non standard' things and while our PM and builders were great, they had to do some of those twice. So I can imagine why it takes such a long time when they are doing a custom house.
    But that's not an excuse not to give a time line. They have to have one. It's very unprofessional to say the contractors are "busy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thanushka! I agree, it is unprofessional for them to say that to me. I am just so ready to be in the house and the anxiety from being so close to our deadline is bad! We meet with them in the morning to discuss 'stone' but I have other things to discuss with them too.

      Delete